Fitness is one of the most popular sports in the world today. But unlike sports – with no emphasis on bodybuilding – the goal of fitness is not to achieve records, but to want to lead a healthy lifestyle. In this article, we’ll talk about the effects that can be achieved by engaging in a particular type of fitness and what beginners need to know.
It’s hard to imagine life in a megalopolis without fitness. Keeping fit affects success in all areas of life, especially in work and family.
What is “fitness”?
The word fitness itself comes from the adjective “fit” – “being in good shape, healthy”. But this concept includes not only physical exercise. Fitness – and the regime of the day, including recovery after exercise, rest, and proper nutrition, that is a completely healthy lifestyle.
Complex fitness exercises and diet are chosen individually, depending on age, health, contraindications, goals (weight loss, weight gain, etc.), structure, and characteristics of the figure.
Setting goals is an essential step in fitness:
There are several fitness goals. The choice of a training program depends on the chosen goals.
- losing weight, having a slim and beautiful figure.
- strengthening of health, improvement of the cardiovascular system and joints,
- improvement of the general well-being, and endurance of the body.
- strengthening and increasing muscle mass.
There are two main types of physical activity – aerobic and anaerobic loads.
Aerobic activity is not an only aerobic exercise but also running, cycling, and swimming, i.e. those types of physical activity when the body uses oxygen to release energy, carbohydrates, and fats are burned and provide energy to the working muscles. Aerobic exercise has an effective health-improving effect on the cardiovascular system, maintains overall fitness, and accelerates metabolism.
Anaerobic load is lifting heavy weights to build muscle volume and strength.
Stretching exercises are often combined with aerobic and anaerobic exercises to increase endurance through static loads and stretching of muscles, ligaments, and joints. Depending on the goals you set for yourself, choose the types of fitness that are right for you.
Types of Fitness:
There are different types of fitness: aerobics, water aerobics, shaping, fitness dancing and just dancing, football, gymnastics, and stretching (Callanetics, Pilates, body flex, and Qigong breathing exercises). Yoga stands out; it can be a simple stretching, a full aerobic, or even an anaerobic exercise. The choice of direction depends on the goal you want to achieve with fitness. It is worth noting that training should be regular, and if you do not have time because of school or work, you can apply to us.essayassistant.net for help.
- Classical, dance, and other modifications of aerobics – this type of fitness combine exercises for muscle development and plasticity and breathing exercises. Aerobics strengthens the cardiovascular system, promotes weight loss, and improves the figure. It is very effective in burning calories. In aerobics, there are a huge number of directions. The most popular are dance aerobics, dance, Afro, Latino, funk, and others.
- Aqua aerobics is a special kind of aerobics. Workouts take place, not in the gym, but the pool. The additional load and calorie consumption are achieved through the resistance of the water.
Stretching – exercises for stretching muscles, which return flexibility to the body. This type of fitness contributes to the breakdown of fat in the subcutaneous layers and gets rid of cellulite, improves blood circulation.
Pilates – training for the abs, back, abdominal and pelvic muscles, especially recommended for people with posture disorders, for recovery after injuries.
Callanetics – exercises from Oriental gymnastics with elements of breathing exercises. Its basis – stretching exercises.
Bodyflex – breathing exercises with simultaneous stretching and tension of the muscles.
- Fitness Yoga – exercises are combined with elements of breathing practices, alternating dynamic and static movements. This type of modern fitness is effective in combating stress.
- Fitball (gymnastic ball) – exercises are performed on the ball in different positions, creating a so-called muscular corset around the spine. This type of fitness strengthens abs and improves posture. Exercises on a fitball can be done at home.
- Exercises with weights (what is now often understood under the word “fitness”), the so-called classical fitness – dumbbells, weights, barbells, expanders, etc. Typically, training takes place in the gym. They help to strengthen muscles and develop musculature. These include bodybuilding, CrossFit, powerlifting, and other power activities aimed at the hypertrophy of muscles.
- Nordic Walking – a type of physical activity that uses a particular exercise and walking technique with specially designed sticks. Recently, it is very popular throughout the world.
Videos with examples of exercises from classical, gym, and fitness can be found at the bottom of the page and in the supplementary materials of the article.
Choosing a fitness program:
The choice of direction and training program depends on the goal you want to achieve. And the interest in a particular activity plays a role, of course. The higher the interest and motivation, the better the results will be.
For general strengthening of the body, all kinds of fitness, as well as walking (walking or sport walking) are suitable. For weight loss and getting your body in shape – all kinds of aerobics, cycling, running, fitball, and strength training.
To strengthen the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, aerobics, cycling (incl. exercise bike), swimming, and running (treadmill) are good. To strengthen the respiratory system – yoga and body flex.
To increase muscle mass, you need strength training. To choose the right set of exercises and an appropriate diet, it is necessary to consult a trainer.
Fitness for men and women:
It should be remembered that weight loss programs for men and women are significantly different. This is due to the physiological characteristics of the bodies of both sexes. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the physical condition of the body and the age of the person.